Instructions for use and care
Congratulations on buying ANORAK ballistic vest!
The present use and care instructions of ANORAK ballistic vest aim at familiarizing you with the operation, use and care of your new ballistic vest. The user shall be informed, through this manual, on the proper operation and care of the ballistic vest. Proper protection against threats is ensured only subject to the strict observance of the instructions and warnings included herein. The non-observance of these instructions and warnings shall void all terms of the warranty accompanying the ballistic vest, and may affect its protection level.
USE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE BALLISTIC VEST
The ballistic vest is intended to perform when meticulously taken care of. When it is not meticulously taken care of, per the use and care instructions, its warranty is voided. You may find below additional points that shall be taken into account when using the ballistic vest. For more information, please refer to ANORAK’s warranty.
The ballistic vest is a system consisting of the carrier and of the front and back soft armor panels.
The non-careful compliance with the use and care instructions voids all warranties, including those referring to ballistic performance, and may lead to grave injury or even death!
ASSEMBLYING THE BALLISTIC VEST
- You must identify the STRIKE FACE of the soft armor panel, as indicated on its label. This is important, since our soft armor panels are of hybrid composition and every single material, placed in the specific order, plays a unique role.
- Insert your soft armor panels in the front and back pockets of the carrier, making the STRIKE FACE face outwards, and carefully fasten the hook and loop tapes found at the opening of the pockets in which the soft armor panels have been inserted.
- Fasten the hook and loop tapes at the shoulders and waist from the back to the front (or vice versa, depending on the model).
- Adjust the hook and loop tapes at the waist and shoulders, so that the sides of the ballistic vest are equally overlapped.
- The ballistic vest shall properly fit your body, without obstructing your movements. Its front coverage area shall start three (3) centimeters below the beginning of the sternum and end at the height of your navel.
CARE OF THE BALLISTIC VEST
The parts comprising the ballistic vest shall NEVER be cleaned together, as a system. Each part of the vest shall be cleaned separately, per its individual instructions.
The following instructions serve as a quick guide for the care of each component comprising the ballistic vest.
CLEANING OF THE SOFT ARMOR PANELS
- Remove all soft armor panels, all trauma inserts and any hard armor plates.
- Carefully wipe the soft armor panels, using a sponge soaked in a solution of cold water and mild washing machine detergent or antimicrobial soap.
- Place the soft armor panels on a flat surface and wipe the detergent or soap off, using a sponge soaked in clean water, until it is completely dry.
- Do not hang dry nor expose them to sunlight to dry.
- Make sure that the soft armor panels are completely dry before re-inserting them in the carrier.
- Make sure that the soft armor panels are inserted with their STRIKE FACE not facing the body.
- Do not subject soft armor panels to dry cleaning.
- Do not wash the soft armor panels in the washing machine.
- Do not iron soft armor panels.
- Do not expose soft armor panels to liquid chlorine or steam.
CLEANING OF THE CARRIERS
- Remove all soft armor panels, trauma inserts, agency insignia, reflective patches and any hard armor plates before attempting to wash the carrier.
- Remove or fasten all hook and loop tapes (VELCRO) at the shoulders and waist.
- Concealable carriers, apart from hand washing using a sponge soaked in a solution of lukewarm water and mild washing machine detergent or antimicrobial soap, which constitutes the suggested cleaning method, can also be washed in the washing machine at a cold water cycle for delicate clothes.
- If machine washed, they shall first be placed inside a special washing machine bag for delicate clothes, and mild detergent shall be used.
- With regard to overt carriers, first remove dust, dirt or any other foreign matter using a clean soft cloth.
- For more persistent stains, you may use a soft brush and a solution of water and antimicrobial soap. Wipe the soap off using a clean damp cloth.
- Place the carrier on a flat surface until it dries completely.
- Make sure that the carrier is completely dry before re-inserting the soft armor panels.
- Make sure that the soft armor panels are inserted with their STRIKE FACE not facing the body.
STORE YOUR BALLISTIC VEST CAREFULLY!
It is well-known that the protection performance and features of soft armor panels are affected by usage over time, and that they deteriorate when exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Ballistic vests shall not be stored in an environment where they are exposed to high temperatures and in combination with high humidity for long periods of time. Exposure to such extreme environmental conditions may adversely affect the performance of the soft armor panel.
The meticulous storage and frequent inspection of your ballistic vest helps you extend its performance period.
The most appropriate way to store your vest is to place it on a flat surface, without placing any object on top of it. Never place your vest at the back seat or inside the trunk of your car.
DO NOT MISUSE YOUR BALLISTIC VEST!
If your ballistic vest is highly worn (e.g. soft armor panel presenting creases and/or folds, carrier presenting openings/ cracks, large stains, worn threads/ seams, visible moisture, soft armor panel envelope presenting tears), regardless of its age, it is considered to have been misused and it shall not be covered by any warranty.
FREQUENTLY INSPECT YOUR BALLISTIC VEST
If your soft armor panel has been cracked, broken or destroyed in any way, it must be immediately inspected by ANORAK, since the damage of the soft armor panel may adversely affect the vest’s ballistic performance, and it might be imperative that it is immediately repaired or replaced.
Tailor-made ballistic vests shall not be used by a body type other than the one they were designed for.
The ballistic vest acts as an integrated system and, if the soft armor plates or the carrier is replaced with that of other manufacturers, the vest’s ballistic performance may be adversely affected and its performance shall be voided.
The ballistic vest has been designed in a way to tackle specific threats and it does not provide protection against any possible threat nor does it protect any area not covered by soft armor panels.
The use of carriers without soft armor panels provides absolutely no ballistic protection.
Placing the soft armor panels in the wrong direction may adversely affect the ballistic performance of the vest
Congratulations on buying ANORAK hard armor plate!
The present use and care instructions of ANORAK hard armor plate aim at familiarizing you with the operation, use and care of your new hard armor plate. The user shall be informed, through this manual, on the proper operation and use of the hard armor plate.
Proper protection against threats is ensured only subject to the strict observance of the instructions and warnings included herein. The non-observance of these instructions and warnings shall void all terms of the warranty accompanying the hard armor plate, and may affect the hard armor plate’s protection level.
USE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE HARD ARMOR PLATE
The hard armor plate is intended to perform when meticulously taken care of. When it is not meticulously taken care of, per the use and care instructions, its warranty is voided. You may find below additional points that shall be taken into account when using the hard armor plate. The non-careful compliance with the use and care instructions voids all warranties, including those referring to ballistic performance, and may lead to grave injury or even death!
For more information, please refer to ANORAK’s warranty.
The hard armor plates mainly used to protect from rifle rounds are divided into two main categories:
a) Plates facing threats on their own (STAND ALONE); and
b) Plates that must be combined with soft armor panels in order to face the threats (IN CONJUCTION WITH), per the standards to which they are certified.
The hard armor plate features a label on the side facing the body, called “WEAR FACE”, which shall read at least the following:
- The international protection level to which the plate is certified;
- The protection level per the respective standard;
- Any additional threats that it has been tested for;
- If it is STAND ALONE or IN CONJUNCTION WITH;
- The accredited laboratory where certification testing was held;
- The dimensions of the hard armor plate;
- Its production date; and
- Its serial number.
The hard armor plate shall always be used in accordance with the indication on its label, as STAND ALONE or IN CONJUNCTION WITH.
The hard armor plate is placed in its carrier, in front of the soft armor panel, with its WEAR FACE facing the body and its
STRIKE FACE facing outwards.
In case that the hard armor plate is IN CONJUNCTION WITH, the soft armor panel shall provide a level of protection per the same standard. If the plate is used in conjunction with a soft armor panel of a different standard or of protection level other than the one indicated on the hard armor plate, there is risk of injury or even death.
The hard armor plate shall always be placed in a way that the STRIKE FACE does not contact the user’s body. The plate shall never be placed behind the soft armor panel.
HARD ARMOR PLATE CARE
When ceramic material is involved in the composition of the hard armor plate, particular attention must be paid so that it is not dropped. The ceramic materials used in hard armor plates are destined to shatter into pieces when shot and, therefore, a drop of the hard armor plate may cause fractures in its ceramic material, which may reduce its protective features. To confirm its consistency, the hard armor plate shall be subject to X-RAY testing after every drop.
If no ceramic material is involved in the composition of the plate, then there is no risk of reduction of its protective features due to drop.
HARD ARMOR PLATE CLEANING
The hard armor plate shall be cleaned solely using a damp cloth and without any detergents. Leave it to thoroughly dry before re-inserting it in its carrier for use.
HARD ARMOR PLATE STORAGE
Hard armor plates NOT having ceramic material in their composition do not require particular attention when being stored. It is essential that ceramic hard armor plates are stored in a horizontal position, one on top of the other, in stacks of plates of the same size, with their STRIKE FACE facing downwards, in order to avoid their wear and so as to retain their ballistic performance. One stack shall not consist of more than five (5) plates in total.
If, during its operational use, the hard armor plate is shot by a firearm projectile, it shall not be re-used, since there may be a risk of injury or even death.